Friday, April 25, 2014

Slides from my remote presentation on "Modern Web development and operations practices" at MSU

Titus Brown was kind enough to invite me to present to his students in the CSE 491 "Web development" class at MSU. I presented remotely, via Google Hangouts, on "Modern Web development and operations practices" and it was a lot of fun. Perhaps unsurprisingly, most of the questions at the end were on how to get a job in this field and be able to play with some of these cool technologies. My answer was to become active in Open Source, beef up your portfolio on GitHub, go to conferences and network (this was actually Titus's idea, but I wholeheartedly agree), and in general  be curious and passionate about your field, and success will follow. I posted my slides on Slideshare if you are curious to take a look. Thanks to Dr. Brown for inviting me! :-)

No comments:

Modifying EC2 security groups via AWS Lambda functions

One task that comes up again and again is adding, removing or updating source CIDR blocks in various security groups in an EC2 infrastructur...