Thursday, November 29, 2007

Interview with Jerry Weinberg at Citerus

Read it here. As usual, Jerry Weinberg has many thought-provoking things to say. My favorite:

"Q: If you're the J.K Rowling of software development, who's Harry P then?

A: Well, first of all, I'm not a billionaire, so it's probably not correct to say I'm the J.K. Rowling of software development. But if I were, I suspect my Harry Potter would be a test manager, expected to do magic but discounted by software developers because "he's only a tester." As for Voldemort, I think he's any project manager who can't say "no" or hear what Harry is telling him."

Testers are finally redeemed :-)

1 comment:

Chris Merrill said...

I noticed your blog doesn't have an RSS feed link. Many of the blogspot blogs do...would you consider enabling it?

Modifying EC2 security groups via AWS Lambda functions

One task that comes up again and again is adding, removing or updating source CIDR blocks in various security groups in an EC2 infrastructur...