Thursday, September 13, 2007

Barack Obama is now a connection

That's the message I see on my LinkedIn home page. How could this be possible, you ask? Well, yesterday I checked out my home page, and I noticed the 'featured question of the day' asked by Barack Obama himself (of course, the question was "how can the next president better help small businesses and entrepreneurs thrive".) A co-worker decided to send a LinkedIn invite to Barack. A little while later, he got the acceptance in his inbox. I followed his example, just for fun, and what do you know, I got back the acceptance in a matter of SECONDS, not even minutes! It seems that B.O. has set his LinkedIn account to accept each and every invite he gets. I guess when you're running for president, every little statistic counts. He already has 500+ connections, and I'm sure the time will come when he'll brag to the other candidates that his LinkedIn account is bigger than theirs.

The bottom line is that YOU TOO can have Barack as your connection, if only to brag to your friends about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately that wouldn't be something I would brag about.

Modifying EC2 security groups via AWS Lambda functions

One task that comes up again and again is adding, removing or updating source CIDR blocks in various security groups in an EC2 infrastructur...