Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Video and slides for 'Five years of EC2 distilled' talk

On February 19th I gave a talk at the Silicon Valley Cloud Computing Meetup about my experiences and lessons learned while using EC2 for the past 5 years or so. I posted the slides on Slideshare and there's also a video recording of my presentation. I think the talk went pretty well, judging by the many questions I got at the end. Hopefully it will be useful to some people out there who are wondering if EC2 or The Cloud in general is a good fit for their infrastructure (short answer: it very much depends).

I want to thank Sebastian Stadil from Scalr for inviting me to give the talk (he first contacted me about giving a talk like this in -- believe it or not -- early 2008!). I also want to thank Adobe for hosting the meeting, and CDNetworks for sponsoring the meeting.

No comments: