2012 Year in Review: devops blog posts and articles
This is a whirlwind tour of blog posts and articles that I saved in Instapaper in 2012.
- Design your web site for a graceful fail (Mike Brittain on resilient user experience)
- How Draw Something rode its rocketship of growth
- High Scalability's Big List of 20 Common Bottlenecks
- Engineering Change: Enable Rapid Experiementation (from Kellan Elliot-McCrea at Etsy)
- How we ran the first Khan Academy healthy hackathon (by Ben Kamens)
- Scaling lessons learned at Dropbox
- On Resilience in Automated Systems, Failures and the Human Factor (by Mathias Meyer)
- Automate Google Analytics reporting using Google Apps Script
- High availability with Pound load balancer (from Server Density)
- What hardware powers Etsy.com?
- Automatic Memory Machine (automating server installs at Evernote)
- Continuously Deploying Culture - Scaling Culture at Etsy
- Even stranger than expected: a systematic look at EC2 I/O (by Scalyr)