Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Helping the 'printable world wide web' movement

Alexander Artemenko pointed out to me that my blog lacks a sane CSS stylesheet for printing. He was nice enough to provide one for me (since I'm no CSS wizard), and I inserted it into my blog's template. Alexander runs a campaign for convincing bloggers to make their blog content printable.

BTW, here's all I had to add to my Blogger template to make the content printable:


<style type="text/css">
@media print {
#sidebar, #navbar-iframe, #blog-header,
#comments h4, #comments-block, #footer,
span.statcounter, #b-backlink {display: none;}
#wrap, #content, #main-content {width: 100%; margin: 0; background: #FFFFFF;}
}
</style>

5 comments:

michaeloboyle said...

Just what the world needs, a paper internet.

Unknown said...

Applause!

Unknown said...

Sounds too weird. Why would one want to print a blog entry in the 21st century? There are scenarios when you want to print something and then throw it away, but in these cases you don't actually care about quality of the printout.

A wiser move would be creating a stylesheet for different types of devices, like mobiles and PDA. And it would preserve our trees.

Grig Gheorghiu said...

I personally don't like to read ebooks and such. I like the feeling of holding a real book in my hands. If I come across a really good blog post, then I'd like to be able to print it for reading it more leisurely.

Grig

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the CSS code. I will see how it would work on my blog. I've always wanted something like this...but if it does not work, at least I have something to work with. :)

Modifying EC2 security groups via AWS Lambda functions

One task that comes up again and again is adding, removing or updating source CIDR blocks in various security groups in an EC2 infrastructur...