Updates to PTTT
...where PTTT stands of course for Python Testing Tools Taxonomy. I'm glad to see that people are updating the Wiki page and adding more stuff to their tool description or adding other tools to the list. Some examples:
- Ori Peleg updated the description of his TestOOB tool: "unittest enhancements; test filtering via regex/glob patterns; reporting in XML/HTML; colorized output; runs pdb on failing tests; run in parallel in threads/processes; verbose asserts; report failures immediately; and a little more;"
- Ian Bicking added his paste TestFileEnvironment tool ("A simple environment for testing command-line applications, running commands and seeing what files they write to")
- Geoff Bache added his TextTest tool, an acceptance testing tool "written in python but it can be used to test programs written in any language. Comes with extensive self tests which serve as examples of how to use it, ie how to test a non-trivial application with a pyGTK GUI"; TextTest looks really intriguing, I'll check it out and comment on it soon
- Zack Cerza added two GUI testing tools:
- dogtail ("Created by Redhat engineers on linux. Uses the X11 accessability framework (AT-SPI) to drive applications so works well with the gnome desktop on Unixes. Has flash movies")
- ldtp ("Also uses the X11 accessability framework (AT-SPI) to drive applications so works well with the gnome desktop on Unixes. Has extensive tests for the evolution groupware client.")